Body Shop Painter / Prepper 2nd Shift - Milwaukee
Department: Body Shop
Complete the preparation and painting process on repaired vehicles.
- Sand and Prep panels for priming and painting.
- Finish mask panels and trim for paint applications
- Perform minor body work and repairs
- Assemble and disassemble vehicles in preparation for repair and painting.
- Mix paint according to specifications
- Apply paint in prescribed manner utilizing provided painting equipment.
- Inspect painted unit for quality of painting, including runs, streaks, sags, and unpainted areas
- Assure maintenance and cleaning of painting equipment and booth are completed.
- Perform other related body shop operations on medium and heavy duty trucks as needed
- Other Duties as assigned.
Skill, Training and Education Requirements and Preferences
- Knowledge of truck repair and maintenance
- Valid driver’s license
- Good Judgment
- Ability to use hand and power tools
- Experience with spray application of Sikkens paints required
- Manual Dexterity
- Customer focused
- Must be able to wear respirator equipment
Will lift parts weighing up to 70 pounds.
This is a physically demanding position. Employee will stand 6-8 hours per day while bending, kneeling, crouching, and reaching. Will be exposed to noise, vibration, dust, paint and cleaning solutions, as well as other hazardous and non-hazardous materials.