Diesel Truck Technician / Mechanic
Come join our growing team here at Lakeside International Trucks!
Due to an increase in traffic in our service departments we are looking for experienced Diesel Technicians. Come be a part of one of the most important departments in the dealership – the service department!
Each year we are continuing to grow and we're succeeding because we have a great team, a strong business model, a healthy and rewarding company culture, and we are intensely focused on quality.
If you’re highly self-motivated and detail-oriented with solid organizational and time-management skills, if you’re excited about innovative technologies and committed to our goal to provide the ultimate customer experience. If you want to be a part of our growing family, please apply!
About Us: Locally owned and founded by Bill Reilley, Sr. in 1984, Lakeside Trucking has grown to over $100 million in annual sales and employs over 200 technical experts and industry professionals in the states of Wisconsin and Illinois. For over 30 years, Lakeside has been committed to offering customers quality products, superior service and responsiveness unequaled by any truck dealership in the region.
What We Offer:
• Competitive starting salary
• Bonus Program with earnings of up to an additional $5.00 per hour
• Paid Training Program
• Flexible work schedule
• Comprehensive benefits plan
• Generous PTO package including holidays
• Working knowledge and experience in the repair of suspension, drive line and steering components
• Brake system, air and hydraulic repair
• Engine repair – certified in minimum of (1) heavy-duty engine
• Trouble shooting and repair emissions related failures is a plus
• Troubleshoot electronic engine controls
• Overhaul, engine components
• Perform preventative maintenance on all fleet equipment to include reefer units & lift gates
• Repair/rebuild Clutch and Driveline
• Special projects as assigned by Service Manager
• Customer focused
• Knowledgeable of medium and heavy-duty truck product is a plus
• Knowledgeable in the proper use of all tools
• Knowledge of basic engine and driveline
• Knowledge of basic electrical
• Knowledge of cab and suspension
• A/C Certification
• Working knowledge of air and hydraulic brakes
• Provide own hand tools up to 1/2 in. drive – must have own tools
• Perform assigned tasks in compliance with dealership policies and procedures
• Accurate completion of repair orders
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment
• Basic computer skills
• Works well within a team environment
Educational & Physical Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent, special technical training
• CDL license and or the ability to obtain one is a plus
• Must be able to lift 75lbs and carry weight up to a distance of 5 feet
Note: Other Duties as Assigned as this is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities and expectations.
LAKESIDE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER