Body Shop Technician
Department: Body Shop
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Come join our growing team here at Lakeside International Trucks!
Due to an increase in traffic in our body shop we are looking for experienced Body Shop Technicians. Come be a part of one of the most important departments in the dealership!
Each year we are continuing to grow and we're succeeding because we have a great team, a strong business model, a healthy and rewarding company culture, and we are intensely focused on delivering quality service.
If you’re excited about innovative technologies, continuing to develop your skills and looking to grow your income, please apply!
What We Offer
- Competitive starting salary
- Bonus program with earnings of up to an additional $5.00 per hour
- Paid training program
- Flexible work schedule
- Comprehensive benefits plan
- Generous PTO package including holidays
- Complete necessary fiberglass fabrications and repairs utilizing appropriate techniques. Soak fiber glass matting in resin mixtures, and apply layers of matting over repair areas to specified thickness
- File, grind, sand and smooth filled or repaired surfaces, using power tools and hand tools
- Fit and weld replacement parts into place using wrenches and welding equipment, and grind down welds to smooth them, using power grinders and other tools
- Inspect repaired vehicles for dimensional accuracy and test drive them to ensure proper alignment and handling
- Chain or clamp frames and sections to alignment machines that used hydraulic pressure to align damaged components
- Remove damaged sections of vehicles using metal cutting guns, air grinders, and wrenches and install replacement parts using wrenches or welding equipment
- Mix polyester resins and hardeners to be used in restoring damaged areas
- Remove small pits and dimples in body metal using pick hammers and punches, fill small dents that cannot be worked out with plastic or solder
- Apply heat to plastic panel, using hot air welding guns or immersion on hot water, and press softened panels back into shape by hand
- Maintain work area cleanliness
Skills, Knowledge and/or Experience Required:
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions and information
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a truck body repair
- Valid Driver’s license, good driving record
- Must be skilled in fiber glass repair and experienced in aluminum welding
- Must possess own tools
- Educational Requirements:
High school graduate or equivalent
LAKESIDE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER