Diesel Truck Technician / Mechanic
Location: Milwaukee, Racine, West Bend, Random Lake, Rockford and Madison
Come join our growing team here at Lakeside International Trucks!
Due to an increase in traffic in our service departments we are looking for experienced Diesel Truck Technicians / Mechanics. Come be a part of one of the most important departments in the dealership – the Service Department!
Each year we are continuing to grow and we're succeeding because we have a great team, a strong business model, a healthy and rewarding company culture, and we are intensely focused on delivering quality service.
If you’re excited about innovative technologies, continuing to develop your skills and looking to grow your income, please apply!
What We Offer
- Competitive starting salary
- Bonus program with earnings of up to an additional $5.00 per hour
- Paid training program
- Flexible work schedule
- Comprehensive benefits plan
- Generous PTO package including holidays
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards
- Diagnose vehicle problems based on customer complaints and inspection
- Examine assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended
- Troubleshoot and repair of suspension, drive line, steering components, brake system - air and hydraulic, engine repair and electrical
- Install injectors, pistons, liners, cam shafts, cylinder heads, rod and main bearings, oil pans, clutches, fan hubs, differentials, fifth wheels, brakes, change or recharge batteries, and replace transmissions and other parts
- Examine protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on trucks, and make adjustments as needed
- Lubricate moving parts and drive repaired vehicle to verify conformance to specifications
- Perform preventative maintenance to include reefer units & lift gates
- Document all work performed and recommended on the repair order
- Conduct road test vehicles as needed
- Special projects as assigned by Service Manager
- Follows safe work practices and procedures, uses safety equipment when required, responds to suggestions for working safely and seeks assistance when necessary.
- Understands and complies with federal, state, and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Maintains all dealership-owned tools and manuals; returning them to the proper place and in the same condition as they were received
- Operate all tools and equipment in a safe manner and report any safety issues immediately to management
- Own hand tools up to 1/2 in. drive
Education, Certifications & Physical Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent, special technical training
- CDL license (or the ability to obtain one)
- Certification in one heavy-duty engine is preferred
- A/C Certification (or the ability to obtain)
- Must be able to lift 75lbs and carry weight up to a distance of 5 feet
Note: Other duties as assigned as this is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities and expectations
LAKESIDE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER