Frame and Alignment Technician - Milwaukee
Department: Body Shop
Frame and Alignment Technician
Come Join our Team! Lakeside International Trucks is hiring!
Due to an increase in traffic in our body shop we are looking for an experienced Frame and Alignment Technician. Come be a part of one of the most important departments in the dealership!
Each year we are continuing to grow and we're succeeding because we have a great team, a strong business model, a healthy and rewarding company culture, and we are intensely focused on quality.
If you’re highly self-motivated and detail-oriented with solid organizational and time-management skills, if you’re excited about innovative technologies and committed to our goal to provide the ultimate customer experience. If you want to be a part of our growing family, please apply!
Locally owned and founded by Bill Reilley, Sr. in 1984, Lakeside Trucking has grown to over $100 million in annual sales and employs over 200 technical experts and industry professionals in the states of Wisconsin and Illinois. For over 30 years, Lakeside has been committed to offering customers quality products, superior service and responsiveness unequaled by any truck dealership in the region.
What We Offer
• Competitive starting salary
• Bonus Program with earnings of up to an additional $5.00 per hour
• Paid Training Program
• Flexible work schedule
• Comprehensive benefits plan
• Generous PTO package including holidays
• Fit and weld replacement parts into place using necessary tools and welding equipment, and grind down welds to smooth them, using power grinders and other tools.
• Inspect repaired vehicles for dimensional accuracy and test drive them to ensure proper alignment and handling.
• Chain or clamp frames and sections to frame machines that use hydraulic pressure to align damaged components.
• Remove damaged sections of vehicles using cutting torch or plasma cutter, air grinders, and install replacement parts using necessary tools or welding equipment.
• Removal and installation of radiator, air to air, and suspension parts, etc.
• Remove and transfer dry van bodies from chassis’s.
• Ability to perform minor body work and fiberglass repairs a plus.
• Maintain work area Fit and weld replacement parts into place using necessary tools and welding equipment, and grind down welds to smooth cleanliness
• Customer focused
• Knowledgeable of medium and heavy-duty truck product is a plus
• Knowledgeable in the proper use of all tools
• Knowledge of cab and suspension
• Perform assigned tasks in compliance with dealership policies and procedures
• Accurate completion of repair orders
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment
• Basic computer skills
• Works well within a team environment
Educational & Physical Requirements:
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Requires 2 years’ experience in a truck body repair
• CDL license (or the ability to obtain one)
• Must be able to lift 75lbs and carry weight up to a distance of 5 feet
Note: Other Duties as Assigned as this is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities and expectations
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER