The General Manager provides leadership and management oversight of the assigned dealership location. Leads, directs, and coordinates activities to manage and attain required business goals and objectives through the implementation of business plans and financial controls. Maintaining control of the business outcomes, customer service reputation and cultivating a positive employee culture through personal oversight and working with subordinates. The General Manager is responsible for achieving profitable growth, increasing market share and maintaining positive relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Responsible for overall profit and loss of the location
- Maintain strong financial oversight of the dealership operation
- Ensure annual business plans are developed and implemented and see that irregularities in reports or financial statements are investigated and resolved timely
- Ensure adherence to company policies regarding expense control is strictly followed
- Resolve customer complaints regarding any Lakeside products or services and ensure customer’s needs and concerns are handled to the satisfaction of the customer
- Provide leadership that positively shapes employees’ attitudes and builds strong morale
- Meet market share objectives for the assigned territory
- Achieve overhead absorption objectives
- Ensure a safe working environment and meet all state and local requirements, including the requirements of Lakeside agents that perform periodic audits. All company tooling should be maintained, and all PPE policies must be enforced.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in dealership operations and management is required.
- Experience in the medium and heavy-duty truck industry may be considered in lieu of formal educational requirements.
- Illinois state sales license (or the ability to obtain one) and CDL driver’s license (or the ability to obtain one) are required.
LAKESIDE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER