Fleet Diesel Truck Technician / Mechanic
Department: Lease & Rental
Location: Racine and Madison
Shift: 2nd Shift
Come join our growing lease and rental fleet team!
Due to an increase in our lease and rental business, we are looking to grow our Fleet Diesel Truck Technician / Mechanic team. If you're just getting started in the industry and looking to gain some great experience in a commercial truck shop, this is the place for you!
Each year we are continuing to put on the road more Idealease lease and rental trucks and we're succeeding because we have a great team, a strong business model, a healthy and rewarding company culture, and we are intensely focused on delivering quality service.
If you’re excited about innovative technologies, continuing to develop your skills and looking to grow your income, please apply!
What We Offer
- Competitive starting salary
- Bonus program with earnings of up to an additional $5.00 per hour
- Paid training program
- Flexible work schedule
- Comprehensive benefits plan
- Generous PTO package including holidays
- Perform work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards
- Diagnose vehicle problems based on customer complaints and inspection
- Examine assigned vehicle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended
- Troubleshoot and repair of suspension, drive line, steering components, brake system - air and hydraulic, engine repair and electrical
- Install injectors, pistons, liners, cam shafts, cylinder heads, rod and main bearings, oil pans, clutches, fan hubs, differentials, fifth wheels, brakes, change or recharge batteries, and replace transmissions and other parts
- Examine protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices on trucks, and make adjustments as needed
- Lubricate moving parts and drive repaired vehicle to verify conformance to specifications
- Perform preventative maintenance to include reefer units & lift gates
- Document all work performed and recommended on the repair order
- Conduct road test vehicles as needed
- Special projects as assigned by Service Manager
- Follows safe work practices and procedures, uses safety equipment when required, responds to suggestions for working safely and seeks assistance when necessary.
- Understands and complies with federal, state, and local regulations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA Right-to-Know, etc.
- Maintains all dealership-owned tools and manuals; returning them to the proper place and in the same condition as they were received
- Operate all tools and equipment in a safe manner and report any safety issues immediately to management
- Own hand tools up to 1/2 in. drive
Note: Other duties as assigned as this is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities and expectations
LAKESIDE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER